Rigene Project - Petitions and proposals submitted to the European Parliament
Petition n. 0623/2021, presented by Roberto De Biase, an Italian citizen, on the adoption of innovative scientific research models to solve Europe's health and ecological problems (Petizione n. 0623/2021, presentata da Roberto De Biase, cittadino italiano, sull'adozione di modelli innovativi di ricerca scientifica per risolvere i problemi sanitari ed ecologici dell'Europa)
Petition number: 0623/2021
Themes : Fundamental rights
Country: European Union
Summary of the petition:
The petitioner considers that the current scientific research models adopted by the European governments are not sufficient to solve the complex systemic problems of an economic and environmental nature and proposes a more adequate innovative scientific research model, which consists of two aspects: the first improves and optimizes the health of people and the environment through simulated cyber-biological re-engineering, while the second involves the genetic-epigenetic-neural reprogramming of cyber-biological systems within an IT environment based on bio-quantum blockchain (decentralized network of computers classical-quantum-biological) in which artificial intelligence and smart contracts autonomously perform mathematical, physical and biological operations to assist researchers and world governments. The petitioner believes that citizens, governments, scientific research institutes, associations, charities and universities can collaborate to develop and gest ire an international open source web platform for automated digital simulation using smart contracts and artificial intelligence (bio-quantum blockchain platform) of cyber-biological phenomena and their re-engineering (genetic-epigenetic-neural reprogramming of cyber-biological systems) in order to discover innovative solutions that definitively resolve the current serious systemic crisis at a health, economic, ecological and social level. It underlines the importance of digital DNA, which would make it possible to manage the immense flow of data deriving from the rapid development of smart cities 4.0, industry 4.0, healthcare 4.0, also presenting Hachimoji DNA as a possible innovative tool for managing processes in automated and efficient way in the public administration and companies.
Full text of the petition n. 0623/2021:
Home | PETI | Commissioni | Parlamento Europeo (europa.eu) https://www.europarl.europa.eu/petitions/it/petition/content/0623%252F2021/html/Un%2Bmodello%2Binnovativo%2Bdi%2Bricerca%2Bscientifica%2Bper%2Buscire%2Bdalla%2Bcrisi%2Bsanitaria-economica-ecologica-sociale%2Bin%2BEuropa#
Petition n. 0623/2021 An innovative model of scientific research to overcome the health-economic-ecological-social crisis in Europe:
The current scientific research models adopted by European Governments are not sufficient to solve the complex systemic problems caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, ecological footprint, environmental pollution, climate change, social and economic problems, therefore the 17 Sustainable Development Goals of the Organization of the United Nations (Agenda 2030) risk not being implemented, but, on the contrary, these problems could worsen if we do not develop a more suitable innovative model of scientific research.
This model should consider 2 aspects:
1. Improve and enhance the health of people and the natural environment through simulated cyber-biological re-engineering to definitively defeat the covid-19 pandemic and potential new pandemics, emerging from the ongoing ecological-economic-health crisis
2. The genetic-epigenetic-neural reprogramming of cyber-biological systems digitally simulated within a computing environment based on bio-quantum blockchain (decentralized network of classical-quantum-biological computers) in which artificial intelligence and smart contracts autonomously perform operations digitally simulated physical-biological mathematics, to help researchers, governments, companies and citizens in the field of a worldwide open source collaboration to identify potential solutions to get out of the current health-ecological-economic-social crisis.
The covid-19 pandemic and the ongoing ecological-economic-social crisis do not seem to find solutions through the classic scientific research methodologies.
Today we finally have many technological tools and knowledge useful for developing innovative methods of scientific research through the digital simulation of physical-biological phenomena and their digital re-engineering to develop potentially resolving physical-mathematical models of the ongoing health-ecological-economic-social crisis that Governments and citizens can eventually apply to quickly return to a state of normality and improve -improve their life, health, economic condition.
The health of people and the natural environment can be improved-enhanced making them able to resist the variants of covid-19 by re-engineering the cyber-biological environment:
this enhancement consists in improving-making the digital infrastructure-services of companies and the Public Administration more efficient in the functional-synergistic relationship with biological systems (ecosystems, people, agriculture, etc.) by integrating traditional information technology (devices and infrastructures based on computing such as blockchain, data center, computers, artificial intelligence, cloud computing, etc.) more advanced and performing technologies such as quantum computing (devices and infrastructure based on quantum computing) and biological computing (devices and infrastructure based on DNA-biological cells data storage-computing).
Citizens, governments, scientific research bodies, associations, universities, etc. can collaborate to develop an international open source web platform for automated digital simulation using smart contracts and artificial intelligence (blockchain platform bio-quantum) of cyber-biological phenomena and their re-engineering (digitally simulated genetic-epigenetic-neural reprogramming of cyber-biological systems) to discover innovative solutions that definitively resolve the current serious systemic health-economic-ecological-social crisis that risks cause the extinction of mankind.
This web platform would be managed by citizens, governments, universities, research institutions through digital DNA (see petition to the European Parliament n. 0207/2021 by De Biase Roberto), therefore, in order to reduce its costs and make it very efficient, it could be developed on biological computing devices (DNA data storage), helping companies and the Public Administration to save billions of euros thanks to the archiving-management of digital data on DNA (integrated with IT infrastructures and devices based on classic IT).
The rapid development of smart cities 4.0, industry 4.0, healthcare 4.0, etc. will generate an immense volume of big data (especially due to blockchains needing many copies of data) that classic data centers (and classic hard drives) will not be able to handle in terms of capacity and cost, but emerging biotechnologies can provide a effective solution with DNA-data center and DNA-hard disk integrated with infrastructures and devices based on traditional IT.
DNA (especially hachimoji DNA) can be used both to store huge amounts of data at low cost, and to manage processes in an automated and efficient way in the Public Administration, companies, industries, health, agriculture, etc. with further money saving and functional improvement of the digital ecosystem for the benefit of the economy and citizens.
- DNA: The Ultimate Data-Storage Solution https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/dna-the-ultimate-data-storage-solution/
- Hachimoji DNA and RNA: A genetic system with eight building blocks https://science.sciencemag.org/content/363/6429/884
- Hachimoji DNA, the synthetic DNA with eight letters https://www.lescienze.it/news/2019/02/22/news/hachimoji_dnapianeti_otto_lettere_vita_sintetica-4304888/
- Storing data on DNA using synthetic fossils https://www.chemeurope.com/en/news/1171008/storing-data-on-dna-using-synthetic-fossils.html
- DNA 'Lite-Brite' is a promising way to archive data for decades or longer https://theconversation.com/dna-lite-brite-is-a-promising-way-to-archive-data-for-decades- or-longer-157856
- Genetic circuit design automation https://science.sciencemag.org/content/352/6281/aac7341
- Resilient three-dimensional ordered architectures assembled from nanoparticles by DNA https://advances.sciencemag.org/content/7/12/eabf0617